Ms.SUNETHRA JAYARATNE NUGAWELA LLCC(UK)MIPA(UK)MCPM- Executive Director
Sunethra Jayaratne Nugawela
Sunethra Jayaratne Nugawela is a renowned, qualified Administrative Professional with national and international working exposure. She possesses qualifications from London Chamber of Commerce & Industry, Cambridge University, Management Training in Japan, and Social Etiquette from Claremont Hotel School.
In addition to her position as the Executive Director of the Academy for Administrative Professionals, she is the Chairperson of Events in Elegance (Event Management Co) and Excellent Printers. Professionally she serves as the Executive Secretary at SANASA Development Bank and General Manager of SANASA Secretarial Services.
Sunethra is the first and only Sri Lankan to hold the position of President of the Association of Secretaries and Administrative Professionals in Asia Pacific (ASA) and subsequently conferred Hony Life Membership. She is also the only Sri Lankan certified lecturer of Institute of Professionally Qualified Secretaries(UK)
- Academy for Administrative Professionals
- Past President/Advisor/Hony Life Member
- Association of Secretaries and Administrative Professionals in Asia Pacific (ASA)
- Sri Lanka Association of Secretarieses & Administrative Professionals
- London Chamber of Commerce & Industry (UK)
- International Association of Administrative Professionals – IAAP (USA)
- Institute of Professionally Qualified Secretaries(UK)
- Institute of Administrative Professionals (UK)
- Certified Professional Managers MCPM
- American Society of Administrators (USA)
- Women in Management (WIM)
- Business & Professional Women Sri Lanka (BPW)
- Sunethra is a Trainer, Lecturer, Invigilator, and a Resource Person. She has designed,
- developed and presented numerous seminar/workshops on unique concepts.
- Vocational Training Authority (Ministry of Vocational Training) Colombo University, Peradeniya University, Commercial Bank, People’s Bank, Central Bank, Aquinas University, and AAP are few amongst many institutions she serves as a Visiting Lecturer.
She is a regular bi-lingual, freelance writer to the media.
Dr W A M Gunasekera
Dr. Wilkin Albert Maurice Gunasekera had both his primary and secondary education at St. Joseph’s College Colombo.
He entered the Colombo Medical Faculty of the University of Ceylon in 1967 and graduated MBBS in 1972. He worked in Negombo Hospital, Galle General Hospital and Kandana Chest Hospital. In 1979 he proceeded to England to specialise in Chest Medicine but decided to change to General Internal Medicine as a speciality. He worked in Amersham General Hospital and High Wycombe General Hospital from 1979 to 1984.
He pursued a full time course in General Internal Medicine at the Hammersmith Royal Postgraduate Institute of Medicine. On completion he was awarded the prize for the best student. In 1984 he was successful at the MRCP examination and was admitted to the membership of the Royal College of Physicians London. He returned to Sri Lanka and worked in the state health service from 1985 to 1990. He was a Resident Physician at General Hospital Colombo for a short period and then as Consultant Physician at Ragama General Hospital.
In 1990 he left government service and joined Nawaloka Hospital as Specialist Physician in General Internal Medicine where he continues to work full time. He was conferred the Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians of London in 1998 and the Fellowship of the Ceylon College of Physicians in 2002.
He served as a President of Rotary Club of Colombo Central and continues to be an active member.
Dr Bert Gunasekera will serve as a Board Member of AAP with effect from November 2014.